Tuesday 9 August 2011

2011 – New Musical Journeys...


Well my continuing musical journey into 2011 has been full of revelations and welcome surprises with new song writing collaborations, new musician friends made and old ones reacquainted. My last blog finished off with the completion of my promo album ‘debut’ at the end of September 2010. I then began my search for a management company to represent me as an artist and was very fortunate to find the fantastic Global Music Entertainment Group, we instantly clicked and I knew they were the right people to help me progress my music career and I signed with them in December 2010.
In February I collaborated with the extremely talented Sam Booth – the creative force behind the amazing The Nameless Girl and the experience was mind blowing. We co-wrote a new song called ‘In 2 Minds’ which I’m very proud of. In February I also recorded acoustic versions for You Tube of ‘In 2 Minds’ and my song ‘Everything’ and a cover version of one of my favourite songs by The Blue Nile called ‘From Rages to Riches’ with the help of my great friend Frank at www.luca-design.co.uk 
In March I teamed up with a great guitarist friend of mine Luke, after a few evenings round at his drinking and listening to tunes we realised we just clicked musically.  Luke is a fantastic guitarist creating loads of melody and atmosphere and is always Mr. Chilled. Luke and I added to my You Tube with a new version of my song ‘Everything’ and a cover of ‘The Cave’ by Mumford & Sons.
April presented the chance to grab a sunny day in my local town of Saffron Walden in Essex to have my latest photo shoot with the very talented and chilled Bruce Woods. We had a great day and a good laugh and I’m very happy with the shots - check them out
From May things have begun to really fly with my management pitching me to industry and the advice and support I’ve been given has been fantastic all the way. So far I’ve had interest from a top writer / producer involved with the X Factor interested in producing one of my songs, have secured an ‘In-Store’ licensing deal for my music in Europe and there’s more opportunities in the pipeline. I’m also planning to release my debut single and do a small promotional tour later in 2011 so watch this space.
Throughout 2011 I’ve also been working on new songs, working hard develop my sound and musical identity. I’m demoing new material in August with the aid of the very talented  Jon B from the amazing Cult With No Name which I’m very excited about so look forward to sharing this with you all soon.
Big Love
Charlie

1 comment:

  1. This post is very nice and it's contains are useful for me. I appreciated your distinguished way of writing the post....
    UK House Plans

    ReplyDelete

Charlie%20JamesQuantcast