Friday 31 August 2012

2012 - Getting Back To Where I Once Belonged




Since 2010 I've been working hard getting back in touch with my music as a singer/songwriter and finding my muse again.

I’ve been very lucky to reconnect with many fantastically talented old musician friends as well as making some great new ones who’ve collaborated with me on writing and recording some magical new music. So here’s a massive thanks again to Wayne, Russ & Al at MIB Music in Guildford, Sam & Alex from storming new band The Nameless Girl, uber gifted singer/songwriter and vocal coach Michelle Jones, creative guru Frank Scarito at Luca Designlife long friend and musical collaborator Jon B of electronic balladeers Cult With No Name and life long friend, online maverick marketeer / come bearded sage life advice bureau, Benny '2 Swords & a Bow' founder of The4thMarketeer.

With my amazing ‘long suffering’ family I’ve also had fantastic support, development and sage advice from the amazing Jim Jomoa at Global Music Entertainment Group. As well as securing me 3 great licensing deals with Emerge MediaAction Media Music and Deals In Music, Jim’s been helping me discover, understand and realise the music artist I want to be.

2012 so far has been the most significant year of my musical journey to date. After experimenting with different musical genres and working with a few different producers, it's been money, geography and necessity that have seen me AT LAST getting to grips with working out how to record myself at home.  Armed only with my faithful old acoustic guitar, recording mic and recently acquired MacBook I’ve recorded my latest set of songs:

Only You Can Stop The Rain                                                                                                                                                                        
Impossible Thing                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Love Not Gold                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Might Just Get To See Heaven                                                                                                                                                                                         
For All Time

You can check them out at:

Writing these songs found me tapping into some of my earliest musical influences, artists my mum played to me whilst growing up like Scott Walker, Roy Orbison and The Righteous Brothers but also some of my favourite contemporary artists like Newton Faulkner, Emili Sande' and Adele. 2012 has also provided a wealth of lyrical inspiration too from a death in the family to wedding anniversaries and finding my muse again.

I’m currently getting ready to do some gigs before the end of the year which I’m very excited about as I can’t wait to play these new songs live! So looking forward to announcing dates online very soon.

I feel I’ve come full circle, arriving back on track I hope after a long but necessary detour, where for the first time in years I can say here’s a set of songs that are the most real, honest and true expression of me and the artist I am.

Enjoy!

Charlie x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlie%20JamesQuantcast